Saturday, March 6, 2010

Way TOO Fast!!!!

 
 
Sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump...I have a friend who is an author and public speaker; another who is a State Senator and past Gubernatorial candidate; and today, another long-time friend drives up in a Lamborghini Gallardo. The exhaust note of this car coming up our street was music to my ears. I went for a ride and in seconds, the speedometer blipped 100mph before we slowed down (the Gallardo can surpass 200)! Brembo brakes provide serious stoppage and the low profile of the car grips corners better than any vehicle I've been in. The way my heartrate spiked, I must concede NASCAR drivers are athletes. The Italians know their art, don't they?

Well this is just way too fast! The kind of inspiration I am looking for is a steady 20mph for three weeks. When climbing hills, 7 or 8mph will have to do, but descending I am looking for 50-60, please. But, I must admit, getting mashed in the leather seat of a $200,000 exotic car feels great!
Posted by Picasa